Online Learning for Prospective Students
Will You Be a Successful Online Learner?
Students enroll in ZONE courses for a wide variety of reasons. Many ZONE students are working professionals who are pursuing Masters degrees to further their careers, or to help them change careers.
Some undergraduate ZONE students like the hands-on, project driven style of learning that ZONE courses offers and like to set their own schedule with no regular classroom meetings. Other students are dedicated life-long learners who just enjoy learning new skills and like the flexibility of online learning courses.
To help you decide if online learning is right for you, ask yourself the following questions.
- Do you like to learn new material on your own?
- Do you manage your time well?
- Are you comfortable using the Internet and e-mail?
- Is typing easy for you?
- Can you spend 15-16 weeks staying focused on your course(s)?
- Can you learn without instructor led classroom discussion?
- Can you learn without weekly face-to-face interaction with a teacher and classmates?
- Do you learn better from reading than listening in a classroom?
- Do you have regular access to a computer with Internet access?
If you answered "yes" to most of these questions, online learning is probably suitable for you. If you answered "no" to most of these questions, online distance learning may not be right for you. Only you can decide. If you have doubts about how you will perform in ZONE courses please contact us and we can discuss your particular issues and concerns in more detail.